Followers

Tuesday 17 October 2017

Brisbane Report Card Evolution

Source: ian.umces.edu --- Monday, October 16, 2017
IAN made its annual pilgrimage to the Riversymposium September 2017. This is the year that the conference was held in Brisbane, Australia in honor of its 20th anniversary. Bill Dennison , Simon Costanzo , and I made the trip. We really missed having Jane Thomas this year, because she had attended the Riversymposium long before I started and had been with us every year before. This is one of my favorite conferences, maybe because the City of Brisbane has become so comfortable to me, but really I think it’s the quality of the content, the clear focus on practices that create real impact, and the wonderful people I get to meet. Because Brisbane is a cosmopolitan city that’s friendly and easy to get around, it’s easy to like it here. I felt more engaged in the conference than ever this year. Although the theme focused on environmental flows, which is not my main area of study, I also sensed a movement toward holistic approaches and emphasizing goals such as co-creation and co-design with stakeholders, which I think is really exciting. It’s what I like about IAN, headed in much of our recent work, and it was great to be able to talk about it and to hear it in other conversations throughout the meeting. [Photo: Get the Grade Report Card Game. Caption: “Simon Costanzo and Heath Kelsey facilitated running “Get the Grade,” a game designed to highlight the benefits of using a report card process.”] Predictably, our contributions to the co ...



from Australia http://ift.tt/2gKvauA

No comments:

Post a Comment