Followers

Tuesday 17 October 2017

How can you obtain an AST for Microsoft C++ (MSVC)?

Source: stackoverflow.com --- Tuesday, October 17, 2017
I want to be able to query what dependencies there are for C++ functions and variables in my source code. You could do that with Clang on the Linux side, but for Windows(.NET, etc) I can't seem to find a way to get access to the AST. Background : Say I fixed a part of my code. I'm trying to find a tool to easily identify all the areas in my source code affected by this fix. For example, if I changed Foo(), I'll check all areas that Foo() is used and all functions that Foo() calls, gather them, and print them out in a list. Preferably, it will also be able to gather multiple levels of dependencies. If it were to be represented visually, it'll look something like Sourcetrail . Unfortunately, I want to be able to do this programmatically instead of via a UI, so that link isn't what I'm looking for. I looked at DMS Search Engine but I can't seem to make its trial version to download. So I was wondering if I can just do it myself. But I can't seem to figure out how Sourcetrail, for example, was able to get the AST from a Visual Studio C++ project. ...



from Windows http://ift.tt/2yvmXEf

No comments:

Post a Comment