Followers

Saturday 14 October 2017

Spotlight Poet: Elle McLin

Source: creativetalentsunleashed.com --- Friday, October 13, 2017
  2 a.m. Something is kind of beautiful About late night hours The wind howling The Windows shaking And all that breeze tapping on the pane Something is kind of beautiful About the night And though I resist rest As I detest that lay with the bed I love my peaceful time Something is quite beautiful About 2 a.m. When dreams are featured And painted in real time I know I love my “me” time And you know… As time floats I resist looking at my watch Or checking on the clock Wanting to be frozen in the moment Sometimes I want to talk But only pen and paper will listen For family are deep in slumber And if I try to dial their number No more peace will it be Something is oh so sweet And quite unique About the sounds of this house The floor squeaks And the musical droplets in the sink No dogs barking No kid’s squawking It’s just me and the night As I resist all fight Just to face this calming peace It’s really beautiful this wee hour The steaming radiators, Humming noises Wind howling And I, just typing away at 2 a.m.   © Elle McLin   www.ellemclin.com Featured Writer from “Creative Talents Unleashed Writers Group” http://ift.tt/2kN0IV7 ...



from Windows http://ift.tt/2xDnYL7

No comments:

Post a Comment