Followers

Monday 2 October 2017

Anti-Virus with Windows 10

Source: 216.228.225.62 --- Sunday, October 01, 2017
My McAfee anti-virus was running fine with Windows 10 and Office 2013. But a couple of weeks ago, I upgraded to Office 365. At first I noticed that my PC/laptop was running slower and sometimes screen would freeze requiring a reboot via Power button. Then in the last couple of days, serious screen freezes started - several time per hour! Once screen froze, nothing worked, not even Start Menu, and I had to shutoff with Power button and restart. It was hard to use PC with such frequent screen freezes. A friend in IT business suggested uninstalling McAfee and just let Windows Defender take over - apparently there are known issues with Windows 10 and McAfee. I did that yesterday and my PC is more stable - screen freezes are still happening but much less frequently. I also checked for updated on W10, Office 365, browsers [Chrome, FireFox, Opera; note Edge doesn't need manual update as it updates with W10] just in case McAfee conflict was preventing some updates - and there were some updates pending. Several questions: a) Any guesses what still might be the issue? b) Does Windows Defender do a decent anti-virus job? I did find a way to schedule Windows Defender runs via Windows Task Scheduler - there is no way from Windows Defender screens. c) Are there other anti-virus software that run without conflicts with W10, Office 365, Windows Defender? From what read about Windows Defender is that it just doesn't run if there is another anti-v ...



from Windows http://ift.tt/2fJdySl

No comments:

Post a Comment