Source: www.devicedaily.com --- Tuesday, October 10, 2017
Pinned onto Career Resume By Christian Bonilla October 04, 2017 Ever since I was hit in the face by a pitch playing Baseball, my flinch reflex became embarrassing. I was always freaked out by pitchers who threw really hard–not a good trait in a batter. I was reminded of that the other day tossing a ball to my toddler (yes, him ). He dove away from the ball after being bonked on the head one too many times, and something dawned on me: Everyone’s afraid of the ball, just at different speeds. As a startup founder, I’ve realized it’s much the same with the level of uncertainty people can handle–one key trait among several that I’m always looking for in job candidates. No doubt everyone deals with some degree of uncertainty at work, but it’s much more intense when a company is young. The business model, target customers, financing, and everything else are chaotic at the beginning. As things solidify over time, the level of uncertainty goes from scary levels back to something more normal. So while there are lots of great questions a hiring manager can ask to determine whether somebody will thrive at their early-stage startup, I’ve also found it helpful to run through a mental checklist after finishing up each interview. This helps me step back and assess what I’ve learned about job candidates based on common criteria–all with an eye to the uncertainty they’ll inevitably face once they come on board. 1. How Fast Are They Ready To Move? ...
from Baseball http://ift.tt/2kCBnNA
No comments:
Post a Comment