Followers

Sunday, 1 October 2017

Tigers utility man Andrew Romine plays all 9 positions vs. Twins

Source: abcnews.go.com --- Saturday, September 30, 2017
MINNEAPOLIS -- Andrew Romine became the fifth player in Baseball history to play all nine positions in one game, helping the Detroit Tigers beat the Minnesota Twins 3-2 on Saturday night. Romine, a 31-year-old utility man, played catcher for the first time in his career and got one out while pitching on the mound. He was the first player to accomplish the feat since Shane Halter for Detroit against Minnesota on Oct. 1, 2000. Tigers manager Brad Ausmus was Halter's teammate in that game 17 years ago. He decided two years ago that the versatile Romine might be able to play each position, but the opportunity didn't present itself until Saturday night, with the Tigers eliminated from playoff contention and the Twins locked into the second AL wild card. "Right now I'm just happy we won," Romine said postgame. "I think it will kick in in a little bit ... relief, happiness -- you name it, I'm feeling it right now. It's so much fun." ... ...



from Baseball http://ift.tt/2xKvZdZ

No comments:

Post a Comment