Followers

Sunday, 1 October 2017

UX / UI Design Tools: for Windows

Source: medium.com --- Saturday, September 30, 2017
Woe is me; I’m a UX/UI designer in a Windows-only environment.* As user-focused designers, we spend a lot of time creating really wonderful experiences for other people, but finding the right tool to do our own work in an intuitive, seamless, and simple way can be challenging. In my experience as a Windows user in the world of UX thus far, it’s a classic case of “the cobbler’s children have no shoes”; in the midst of finessing user flows and polishing interactions for our beloved users, we bang our heads against the wall trying to move through our own user flow of creating the damn thing. It’s really delightful that this phenomenon so completely satisfies my appreciation of the ironic and absurd — Trying to UX well in the midst of bad UX, what?! Cue nervous laughter! Nevertheless, I’m ready for a thoughtfully crafted Windows-friendly UX/UI tool. To that end, I have undertaken a search. Here follows my contribution to the million other articles out there about finding the right prototyping and UI design tools — TWIST: for the Windows user. *I am the only UX/UI designer on a small dev team embedded within an architecture, planning, and landscape architecture firm. The rest of the firm relies heavily on Autodesk and ESRI programs, which are Windows-only — and so I’m kinda stuck. The Criteria Because I’m a little OCD / data nerd, I decided to start with a spreadsheet and scoring rubric, to try to make sense of all the tools out there ...



from Windows http://ift.tt/2xOZvAQ

No comments:

Post a Comment