Followers

Thursday, 4 February 2016

National Signing Day celebrates the best of Utah prep football as players choose their paths

Source: www.deseretnews.com --- Wednesday, February 03, 2016
In cafeterias and classrooms, in auditoriums and foyers, the state’s best high school Football players signed the paperwork that makes their college Football dreams a reality. “I can relax now,” said Herriman defensive end Leki Fotu after signing to play for Utah. “This was definitely something I was looking forward to, especially to sign with my boys, my brothers. And to have our families here, the school and the community behind us, it means a lot to us. I’m grateful to be here, on this day and grateful to go to the U.” National Signing Day is simply the first day that high school seniors can sign the letter that makes their college commitment official. But it has evolved into something of an event for teams, an obsession for fans and a celebration for players, who’ve worked and waited for the opportunity to continue both their education and their Football careers. East linebacker Loa Kaufusi signed with Stanford alongside his teammate Johnny Maea, an offensive lineman who picked Utah, at 7:30 a.m. Wednesday as about 100 students watched. "This day is big for the East High community and for the neighborhood that I live in,” Kaufusi said. “Being able to break stereotypes and I also think it's a big day for my family. My grandparents and great-grandparents came from across the seas and this is basically what they came for, so that way a future generation would be brighter for us." Sione Finau was dressed in BYU gear — as was his ...



from Football http://ift.tt/1P889eR

No comments:

Post a Comment