Followers

Saturday, 26 March 2016

Should I convert my library back to Apple Lossless from AIFF

Source: http://ift.tt/1coMqj2 --- Friday, March 25, 2016
Several years ago when considering purchase of a particular media server I mistakenly thought that it required the use of AIFF files and I transcoded my Apple Lossless (ALAC) library to AIFF. Since that time all of my CD rips (hundreds) have been done to AIFF. Ive really not had any particular problems using AIFF. I've transferred my library twice since to new, larger HDD with all metadata, artwork etc intact. Just now I came across something in JRemote Settings that may indicate in one setting lack of support for AIFF files (I'm posting a separate thread on this point). With Apple Lossless being an open Audio Codec now (an leaving out of the discussion acknowledged space savings and any discussion do differences/lack of differences in audio quality) are there reasons you feel this action would been beneficial or fruitless. Your thoughts are appreciated. ...



from Apple http://ift.tt/1VNuNgX

No comments:

Post a Comment