Followers

Monday 9 October 2017

i7 7700hq vs i7 8550u

Source: communities.intel.com --- Sunday, October 08, 2017
Hi all,   I am looking into switching from a MacBook Pro Retina i5 to a Windows Laptop, but I needed some help clarifying which i7 processor would be more powerful: the i7-7700hq or the i7-8550u. These are the specs I found for the processors: 7th Gen i7 (7700 HQ)       -->     2.8 GHz and upto 3.8 GHz 8th Gen i7 (8550 U)          -->     1.8 GHz and upto 4.0 GHz   So when compared to 7th Gen i7, the 8th Gen i7 is slower in performance? I understand that the 8th Gen is the ultra efficient model, but both of these are quad core, and the 8th gen has a higher clock speed, but a lower base speed. I am a student, and my main type of work is multiple Excel and Word documents open as well as several Chrome tabs. I am also starting Computer Science classes, in which coding will be required. Additionally, I am conducting genetic research and need something that can handle multiple Excel files with 20,000 rows.   The two laptops I'm looking into are the HP Spectre x360 15 in (8th gen) and the Razer Blade (7th gen). The price difference between the two is not substantial, hence, I would like to buy a laptop with better performance.   Thanks, -Saad ...



from Windows http://ift.tt/2y1C5JF

No comments:

Post a Comment