Followers

Saturday 9 February 2019

New World Preview – Amazon’s MMO is Making Strides All Around

Source: wccftech.com --- Friday, February 08, 2019
It feels like a long time since I last got to try out New World, the upcoming survival MMO by Amazon. This is pretty true. I wrote my preview of the game from when I played it at GamesCom last year. In five months, a lot can change. In five months, the land of Eternum (I now know what it’s called!) has changed more dramatically than I could have imagined. Best of all, there are a few concerns I had that have already been answered. In particular, this is the content for more solo-oriented players. I’m the sort of person who likes to avoid the scourge that is human interaction. As such, MMO’s have always been a balancing act. I love a game that I can go out and explore and do things by myself, often things for the ever-immobile NPC’s. On occasion, I’ll work with other people for the greater good. I’ll help carry the load with my superior skills, allowing them to beat a huge enemy or area they otherwise wouldn’t be able to beat. New World doesn’t quite fit this bill, but it does offer a different way to go through the world by yourself. During the presentation prior to playing the game the devs from Amazon were keen to focus on areas where the world has improved, as well as how the game will be more inviting towards those who want more single-player opportunities. There are landmarks to explore either solo or with other players. You can, though it will be difficult, secure and own your own territory. Chances are you’d be losing it ...



from GamesCom http://bit.ly/2SgZXE2

No comments:

Post a Comment