Followers

Monday 24 August 2015

Grub2 and os-prober not detecting my Windows 7

Source: askubuntu.com --- Sunday, August 23, 2015
I erased my old Elementary OS and replaced it with Ubuntu 14.04. I also have a Windows 7 install on a different drive, which was working fine under Elementary OS (which is based on Ubuntu 12.04) . However, the drive didn't get detected upon install and it is still not being detected. I tried other similar responses but couldn't find a solution. This is the output of bootinfoscript http://ift.tt/1LulzT7 So far, I tried: Uninstalling and installing os-prober. Still same problem, no output when running it. Creating a manual entry on /etc/grub.d/40_custom menuentry "Windows 7" { insmod ntfs set root='(hd0,1)' search --no-floppy --fs-uuid --set 94A47FB5A47F9906 chainloader +1 } Is the configuration correct? I run update-grub after editing the file but I get the error "Invalid EFI file path" when trying to boot it. ...



from Windows http://ift.tt/1PKYSce

No comments:

Post a Comment