Followers

Monday 28 December 2015

Apple Slices Topped with Cranberry Walnut Tuna Salad

Source: http://ift.tt/1YIlrq6 --- Monday, December 28, 2015
Disclosure: This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BetterWithCraisins #CollectiveBias I don't know why but I struggle with preparing my own lunches on the weekends and days off.  I like to step away from my go-to frozen meals that I take every day to work and enjoy something fresh but the challenge is finding that perfect lunchtime recipe that doesn't take a ton of time to prepare.   I started thinking about what I enjoyed as a kid on those lunchtimes with my mom and immediately tuna salad sandwiches popped into my head.  But I wanted to add a little twist to that traditional sandwich recipe and came up with something that is now my favorite lunchtime meal to enjoy at home.  Apple Slices Topped with Cranberry Walnut Tuna Salad  Free printable recipe here. Ingredients: 1/2 cup mayonnaise 1/4 cup crushed walnuts  1/4 tsp salt 1/4 tsp pepper 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/4 cup chopped onion 1 can (5 ounces) tuna, drained 1/2 cup Craisins® Dried Cranberries 1 Apple, sliced - I use Gala apples Romaine lettuce  Directions: 1.  Combine walnuts, salt, pepper, garlic powder, onions, tuna, and Craisin s®  in a medium bowl.   2.  Add mayonnaise and carefully mix together into a nice tuna salad mixture.  3.  Slice Apple into "circles".  I can get about 5 sliders out of each Apple.  4.  Top apples with a good amount of the Cranberry Walnut Tuna Salad.  5.  Place Apple slices topped w ...



from Apple http://ift.tt/1YIlu5r

No comments:

Post a Comment