Followers

Tuesday 8 August 2017

Screen showing weird symbols on startup

Source: www.mmo-champion.com --- Monday, August 07, 2017
Trying to diagnose this problem. Brother inlaw brings me a computer and tells me it needs a fresh copy of Windows 7 because it wouldn't boot (really needed system repair) (actually tried to do a fresh install but the windows7 installer kept giving me a message about a removable storage device being removed when there were none thus creating an i/o error. Long story short after doing startup repair I spent 5-6 hours running antivirus/spyware/defrag and everything seemed to be fine. This morning I go to turn the computer on and instead of the initial bios printout I get a screen full of $ spades and funny face symbols, called him up and he told me its had that problem for awhile he just keeps turning it on/off and the computer eventually boots. At first i was thinking the onboard video is going out but I had no signs of any videocard failure such as screen tearing being out of sync of being forced into low resolutions. ...



from Windows http://ift.tt/2vGVApm

No comments:

Post a Comment