Followers

Saturday 30 September 2017

Grub error after installing ubuntu 16.04

Source: www.linuxforums.org --- Saturday, September 30, 2017
Hello, I have tried installing Ubuntu 16.04 from a portable stick. All went well I have selected 'Install alongisde Windows 10' and after the instalation was completed I have removed the stick reboted the system and was expecting to see the menu on which I chose to boot from Windows10 or Ubuntu. But instead of that I got: -error: no such partition Entering rescue mode... grub rescue> I have tried some solutions on google but to no avail...Please help me correct this issue. Mention: I wanted to install Ubuntu on my 120GB ssd along with Windows 10. I was going to install Ubuntu on a different new partition so I have shrinked one of my partitions in Windows. But then during the instalation proccess I changed my mind and chose install along Windows 10(I had 15gb free space on the partition that I chose to install Ubuntu on). I'm not sure if this mention will help much just read on google that ubuntu requires 25GB free space yet it did not complain when I asked it to install on a partition that had 15gb left. ...



from Windows http://ift.tt/2k95fAR

No comments:

Post a Comment