Followers

Tuesday 31 October 2017

Getting Closer

Source: cervinupcards.blogspot.com --- Monday, October 30, 2017
Before we get to my post, let me just say that that was an excellent Baseball game yesterday this morning. TBH I'm kinda sad that the Dodgers lost, but it was a fun game to watch regardless. I personally hope for more five hour, extra inning, bad bullpen games in Game Six and Seven. Anyway it took a while but I finally got my hands on Luis Torrens' rookie cards in 2017 Topps Update. I've kept up with posts all throughout our corner of the blogopshere in hopes of seeing someone else pull his cards and blog about him, only to find that he managed to evade pretty much everybody's packs. Anyway by now you all should be aware of what Topps Update is. It's a jumbled mess where you appear to be able to pull more shortprints than parallels. This does not suit me as I've managed to track down some of the parallels (including some big ones) but all the while others have yet to surface. Given how the print run appears to be huge for the product is a whole (or in the Toys R Us parallel's case, nonexistent), I might have to pounce on the first parallels I see in some cases. How wonderful. The base card above came courtesy of a case break that P-Town Tom signed me up for. Big thanks to Tom. I received 22 base cards that were pulled between two cases. I'll take every copy I can get. In the event that I see Torrens again one day these will be offered to him. Now here are the rest of my recent pickups. This vintage stock parallel is honestly one ...



from Baseball http://ift.tt/2gNm3st

No comments:

Post a Comment