Followers

Thursday 30 November 2017

The first-year Hall of Fame candidates

Source: http://ift.tt/1gPFWHK --- Wednesday, November 29, 2017
What players making their debut on this ballot will gain entry to the Hall? There are five times of year I love most, as a fan of the game of Baseball. There’s Opening Day, the MLB Draft, the trade deadline, the Winter Meetings, and then the Hall of Fame voting. The excellent BBHOF Tracker , for the 2017/2018 off-season is here, now. If you are just now finding out about it, thank Ryan Thibodaux , who runs the tracker every off-season (you can see records from past years on the tracker linked above). This marks the beginning of an exciting time for me, where I will refresh the tracker at least once a day, curious to see if more ballots have been made public. As of this writing, there are only 10 ballots up, but that number will start to skyrocket in the coming weeks and months. This is the start of a series, where I will be recounting the majority of players on the ballot, explaining why I believe they will or will not make the Hall of Fame (this year, or ever), and explaining my own hypothetical ballot, were I given a chance to cast one. Unfortunately, I’m not big, so I don’t get a ballot. Darn. This first entry will focus on the most likely first-year players to draw votes. They have been listed in the order of plausibility they get elected (in my opinion). Chipper Jones Photo by Kevin C. Cox/Getty Images Chipper Jones was always one of my favorites to watch, primarily because of his swing. Chipper Jones is going to be a Hall ...



from Baseball http://ift.tt/2hZVe4X

No comments:

Post a Comment