Followers

Sunday 3 December 2017

Bingo to Bango to Bilko

Source: wrigleyrosterjenga.blogspot.com --- Saturday, December 02, 2017
Blogging about Baseball cards for the past four years has been a wonderful and enriching experience.  Along the way, it's provided a needed outlet for me to discuss, critique, complain, show-off, and brag about my favorite hobby - trust me, my wife, siblings, and cats were not as receptive of an audience.  Most importantly, it's built a network of connections and relationships with fantastic and generous collectors, with whom I would have never made acquaintance, otherwise.  And it hasn't just been collectors, for that matter; additionally, I've been lucky enough to hold conversations with actual card manufacturers, as well.  Before setting up Wrigley Roster Jenga, that's something that would have seemed completely out of the realm of possibility to pre-blog me. I've had exchanges with Topps on Twitter, been pimped on Ars Longa Art Cards , received generous donations from Gypsy Oak and so on and so forth.  I don't mean to sound braggadocious; rather, I just want to emphasize how much I am flabbergasted by and appreciate all of these previously impossible experiences.  On that note, just a few weeks ago, I made another connection with a name many loyal readers of Bob Lemke's Standard Catalog of Vintage Baseball Cards:  Carl Aldana.   Right: 1970 Orioles.  Left:  1971 Yesterday Heroes.  Both scans borrowed from the internet. Aldana made his name in the 1970's as the brains, talent, producer, and artist behind a handful of oddball c ...



from Baseball http://ift.tt/2jExm7D

No comments:

Post a Comment