Followers

Sunday 31 January 2016

Organic Curry Chicken For Under $4.00/Person

Source: http://ift.tt/hFWySe - Saturday, January 30, 2016
Tuesday night we dined with friends, they hosted and we brought the food. I don't travel with food often, but I now realize it's the perfect arrangement for two busy families. I cook and deliver the food, while my friends graciously allow their home to be trampled by a hoard of kids running amok - sounds fair to me. This dish from David Tanis is absolutely delicious. Although aromatic and full of flavor, these spices marry so well, even the pickiest of eaters will enjoy this mellow curry. For those who like heat, increase the cayenne or add a fresh hot pepper or two while heating your chicken broth. This dish serves about 6 people and costs around $3.75 per person. Serve with rice and you have a meal you can feed the entire family. We used all organic ingredients minus some of the spices and were happy to find such a rich and luscious dish at such a low cost. Enjoy! Title : Organic Curry Chicken for Under $4.00/person Author : David Tanis Prep time : 30 mins Cook time : 1 hr Total time : 1 hr 30 mins Serves : 6 Notes : I took some liberty here and used what I could find in our pantry. Some of my spices were dry, and I used peanuts instead of cashews. I also skipped the parsnips and added some peas instead. Finding organic ginger, garlic or spices may be tough in some places, substitute with conventional products or order online. It took me about 45 minutes to make this dish, however I did read comments on the NY Times page, where

from Breaking News http://ift.tt/1SrTIVi

No comments:

Post a Comment