Followers

Friday 29 January 2016

Windows IOT: Failed to start package BlinkyHeadless

Source: stackoverflow.com --- Thursday, January 28, 2016
I have been working on Windows IOT and Raspberry PI 2 for a bit now, but all my work was through Visual Studio 2015. Things were going fine until I wanted to run the app without Visual Studio (standalone mode), thats when things started to make me go crazy. The app runs fine in debug, but the moment I go to the IOT web interface to run it standalone, I always get "Failed to start package BlinkyHeadlessVB...". Im running the exact copy of the samples from Microsoft for the BlinkyHeadless. I have tried building in release mode and deploy, same result (fine through VS but failed to start by itself). Raspberry PI is running in headless mode. I even tried checking the box "Do not launch, but debug my code when it starts", same thing, cannot run it from the web interface. I also tried building the appx file and install it through the web interface, same thing. Im going crazy, especially that the error says it failed without any explanations anywhere (at least none i could find). I feel im missing something simple (and probably stupid). Anybody have any ideas? I googled for hours and couldn't find a working solution. Your help is greatly appreciated.. Environment Details: Host Machine: Windows 10 IDE: Visual Studio 2015 Community Edition with Update 1 Device: Raspberry PI 2 Model B Device OS: Windows IOT v10.0.10586 Project trying to run: BlinkyHeadlessVB ...



from Windows http://ift.tt/1nRlek2

No comments:

Post a Comment