Followers

Wednesday 31 May 2017

Lynn keen to play ‘smart cricket’

Source: www.cricket365.com --- Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Chris Lynn is genuinely not sure what his role will be in Australia’s batting line-up at the upcoming Champions Trophy, but he is just happy to be in the squad in the UK. Lynn injured his shoulder playing for the Kolkata Knight Riders in the early part of the IPL season and looked as if he would miss a large chunk of the year. However, the right-handed batsman recovered and continued to show great form in the shortest format that made the selectors include him in the national squad for the global tournament that gets underway on Thursday. ALSO READ: Paceman Starc eyes quick return to rhythm Lynn said: “Yeah I was shitting myself to be honest. I was in good nick as well. It was probably the first thing that crossed my mind that it would dampen my chances of playing here. “That’s why I stayed over in India because I knew, there’s not a great deal to do over in India, but rehab was the first priority. “So I smashed that every day and I knew that if I stayed over there and tried to get a bit of game time I’d give myself every chance to get myself fit for this.” So what will his role be for the Aussies at the 50-over event? The Queenslander opened the batting in the IPL and tries to blast every ball over the boundary. Australia have a power packed batting line-up though and Lynn is not guaranteed a place in the starting XI. So would he have to change his game or bat lower down the order? The player himself is not sure. Lynn asked: “D ...



from Australia http://ift.tt/2rDM0Cw

No comments:

Post a Comment