Followers

Wednesday 30 March 2016

A Shoulder Injury, a Spin Move and My Secret Mission to Become an NFL Receiver

Source: bleacherreport.com --- Tuesday, March 29, 2016
The following is a first-person reflection on 2016 NFL draft prospect Braxton Miller 's journey from quarterback to wide receiver, as told to Bleacher Report's Sean Tomlinson .   Few people knew what was going on in the late night or early morning hours at the Ohio State practice facility.  That's because my transition from quarterback to wide receiver began as a stealth mission. It all started in June 2015. I would work with head coach Urban Meyer and wide receivers coach Zach Smith during the day, and then after hours, I logged extra time catching passes from Cardale Jones and J.T. Barrett. We all had the same commitment, and the same devotion to secrecy: Don't tell anyone. You see, after it became clear that I would no longer be playing quarterback, I had to dedicate myself to a new challenge. A brand new skill set, in fact. I had always wanted to succeed as a football player; nothing changed there, except the position. So while I knew I had to knock off a thick layer of receiver rust, I also knew that once I put my mind to it, I would find a way to get it done. Every workout, then, every day of those cloak-and-dagger training sessions, I saw another opportunity to work toward that goal. To tap into my competitive drive, and find a way to meet this new challenge. But my drive and flexibility didn't just start by running "sluggos" away from prying eyes. Going back to high school, I had always been a versatile player, willing to ...



from NFL http://ift.tt/1PCXMN7

No comments:

Post a Comment