Followers

Thursday 28 April 2016

Using MessageChannel/BroadcastChannel from bootstrap.js

Source: discourse.mozilla-community.org --- Thursday, April 28, 2016
@noitidart wrote: Hi all, So I'm sending via transfer large ArrayBuffers from bootstrap to XUL Windows with window.postMessage . I now need to get a modified ArrayBuffer back to bootstrap.js. I read about the MessageChannel and BroadcastChannel API, and see that they are in the global window scope. They are not in the bootstrap.js scope. I was wondering if there was a way use these APIs from bootstrap? The docs say it is availble in WebWorkers/ChromeWorkers, so if not possible to use from bootstrap.js I was thinking of: As I spawn the ChromeWorker from bootstrap.js, I can get a MessagePort to the worker and transfer the MessagePort to the Windows, and have the ChromeWorker and Windows talk directly (without bootstrap.js in the middle after the initial handshake). Thanks Posts: 1 Participants: 1 Read full topic ...



from Windows http://ift.tt/1Uj4q2d

No comments:

Post a Comment