Followers

Monday 30 May 2016

Marco Rubio Defends His Support Of Trump: 'I Don't Believe Donald Trump Is A White Nationalist'

Source: crooksandliars.com - Sunday, May 29, 2016
Former Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio defended his decision to support Donald Trump after a contentious primary campaign by insisting that the presumptive nominee was not a white nationalist, but admitted that racists had been emboldened by the White House bid. During an interview that aired on Sunday, CNN's Jake Tapper noted that Trump was being supported by "some scary dudes" like white nationalists and other "hate groups." "It's offensive," Rubio agreed. "And not just against me, but the fact that elements like that are still involved in American politics. And traditionally a candidate would disavow that and say, 'I want nothing to do with it, I don't want them as part of my campaign.'" "He didn't," Tapper pointed out. "And I didn't like that," Rubio insisted. "And I said that at the time. And you know, it is what it is. Obviously, I don't believe Donald Trump is a white nationalist. I don't believe that those are his views." "But I do think that it's unfortunate that people like that have found the ability to express themselves in this way in a campaign," he added. "And I didn't like it... I just don't really think that there's a place for that in our party and our country." As for Trump's suggestion that Mexicans were "rapists," Rubio admitted that it was an "offensive comment." read more

from Breaking News http://ift.tt/25s0X4S

No comments:

Post a Comment