Followers

Saturday 8 September 2018

Metro Exodus Gamescom Preview – Exploration, Fear and Death

Source: wccftech.com --- Friday, September 07, 2018
This isn’t the first time I’ve previewed Metro Exodus, my first hands-on with the game was in June, just prior to its showing at E3. You would think that I wouldn’t have jumped at the chance to check the game out again at GamesCom, but the second I found out it was brand new gameplay, It was a done deal. I already knew I liked Metro Exodus from that first time, though I was eager to find out and see more. My second time around certainly didn’t disappoint, if only because it started to show more about what we’re likely to encounter in the game. What we do encounter, or at least feel, is a general sense of unease. A feeling that will put you on the edge of your seat. This isn’t something that immediately happens at the start of the level I found myself in. At the very start of this level, I was feeling pissed off. Not at the game, god no. The game was successful. The backstory is simple, I need to rescue somebody who’s been taken by some of the natives of this lush forest area. It gets complicated when you realise that there’s another faction. Its this other faction that irritated me. They call themselves the pirates. They refused to tell me anything, they were rude and they were happy to leave me stranded, alone, and threatened to kill me should I risk entering their territory. I could have tried the more difficult, circuitous route and entered the forest, but the risk of running into a mutated beast didn’t appeal to me. I snuck ...



from GamesCom https://ift.tt/2NmSv79

No comments:

Post a Comment